EDDA is pleased to announce five grantees in relation to its Fourth Call for proposals in February 2012. The Fourth Call was tied to the development of the Center’s research programme. The purpose was to attract researchers into specific research projects within the three distinct, if interconnected, research areas, encompassing six themes. Applicants were invited to submit proposals with a specific focus on one topic within EDDA‘s three Research Areas.
The following researchers and projects received grants in the Fourth Call:
- Guðmundur Hálfdánarson: Narrating the Icelandic Nation: Emerging Practices, Cultural Effects and Political Representations
- Jón Gunnar Bernburg and Sigrún Ólafsdóttir: Social Inequality, Subjective Justice, and Well-Being
- Þorgerður Þorvaldsdóttir: Rethinking Equality and Reorganizing In/Equality Measures in Times of Crisis
- Kristinn Schram and Katla Kjartansdóttir: Borealism and Beyond
- Salvör Nordal: Responsibility, Trustworthy Institutions and Democracy